Welcome to the Woodrow House, the oldest house in Champion Township. The house, built in 1828, is a private residence and a work in progress. Thanks to the family which owns the house and a special horse named “Dancing Guy,” the house is being restored to its original glory and is now being used by the community of Champion. It is home to the Champion Historical Society and is where most of their meetings take place. The house is located at 138 Champion Avenue East, Warren, Ohio 44483.
Dating back to the earliest days of Champion, the Woodrow House stands a living record of history, holding within its walls stories of pioneers, politics, and religion. This historical house has been designated as being significant in American history, architecture, archeology, engineering, and culture which has earned it the distinction of being listed in the National Register of Historic Places by the National Park Service. The architecture of the house is Greek Revival/Federal Style. Champion Township was founded in the parlor of the house on December 26, 1831. The Woodrows were also instrumental in the founding of the Presbyterian Church and the first school in the township.
Tours of the house are available during the historical society meetings. The house is also available for use by other non-profit organizations of Champion. For additional information, email email@example.com.